During the process of The Great Embrace, it is all about recognizing obstacles and learning how to transform them, to remove them.
Removing obstacles allows you to fully embrace yourself, the world and life and to live a free life.
There are many types of obstacles.
The most prominent is the own ego; the self.
It is the cause of all the suffering.
The ego gives us the impression that we are separated from our true self and the world around us.
Without the ego, there is no suffering, no desiring all kinds of objects around us to fill the illusion of emptiness we have.
We then are our True Selve, connected to ourselves and everything around us.
Everything we perceive as obstacles are in fact effects of the presence of the ego.
By treating, transforming these effect, the ego’s dominance diminishes.
It thus makes you less vulnerable and you will be able to live freer.
Below you can find a broad range of obstacles.
Actually, it is possible to transform each and every obstacle.
- Flashbacks of traumatic experiences such as abuse/assault or accidents.
- Behaviour linked to avoidance
- Feelings of shame or guilt
- Depressions/ frequent gloomy moods
- Excessive worrying
- Fears including fear of flying, dentists, failure and being deserted.
- Becoming agitated easily
- Negative self-image
- Inexplicable physical ailments
- Excessive wariness
- Anxiety attacks
- Eating disorders
- Problems with relationships (Family/Partner/Friends etc)
- Excessive perfectionism
- Control freak
- Fear of stains
- A broad range of physical problems
- A multitude of physical problems
Besides these examples, you can bring in everything that you wish to work on and which will lead to your personal liberation and happiness can be a valid reason.
Give your obstacles a GREAT EMBRACE.